Whether you are new to real estate investments, or looking to expand current investments, you may meet people who you would like to form a partnership with. Working with a single partner or multiple investors can be excellent ways to manage real estate. Here are five key considerations to be made before forming a professional investment partnership. Having these in place prior to engaging in business transactions will ensure the process runs more smoothly.
- Think about your exit strategy.
- Consider what each partner is bringing to the table. (Money, time, expertise)
- Define each partner’s role.
- Determine how to value the partnership?
- Have a plan in place for when partners cannot be engaged.